ON DUSK MARKETS & EVENTS
COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PLACE FOR THE NORTHERN RIVERS. Due to continual changes in the COVID19 restrictions & regulations all Stall Holders are responsible for their space. Please refer regularly to the government site for updates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS & ON DAY TRADING TERMS 2020/2021
BY APPLYING, ATTENDING AND PAYING FOR ANY ON DUSK MARKET OR EVENT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE ON DUSK EVENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADE LISTED BELOW AND THIS IS BINDING RIGHT UP TILL EVENT END OF DAY. YOU ARE ALSO AGREEING THAT YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THE ON DUSK EVENTS COVIDSAFE PLAN TO HELP KEEP OUR MARKET, VENDORS & VISITORS SAFE.
ON DUSK EVENTS TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions apply to all Stall holders who receive consent by the Manger to occupy a Stall at any ON DUSK Market or Event and constitutes the terms and conditions on which the Manager agrees to provide services to the stall holder. All stall holders are required to read the Terms & Conditions and confirm their agreement by completing an Application From which is submitted via the electronic application form.
- Applicants must fit one of the markets categories, applications must be completed in full, and market Terms & Conditions must be agreed to, to be considered to trade at the Markets.
- Applications must include a true description of products you intend to sell. Any application that does not include photos will not be considered. Please provide clear detailed information about your product.
- Applications close one week prior to the market date, applications may take up to one week to process. If you do not receive confirmation, please assume that it has not been received and re-submit.
- ON DUSK Events reserves the right to decline any application for reasons including but not limited to suitability and demand.
- We encourage all applicants to visit ON DUSK Markets or email us with your ideas, to get a feel for the vision and standards of the market before applying.
- ALL Food & Beverage stallholders must contact Sue Anderson at Ballina Council with details of your market stall for later then 14 days prior to each event.
- ALL Food & Beverage stallholders must submit their licences and certification with application to be considered for the market.
- ALL Stallholders must submit insurance certificate with application to be considered for the event.
- ALL Stallholders must have a copy of their COVID19 Safety Plan with them at every Market or Event. You are expected to carry out your planned COVID19 duties.
THIS IS A PLASTIC FREE MARKET!
WE WANT ALL STALLHOLDERS TO PROVIDE REUSABLE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY OR COMPOSTABLE PACKAGING, THE LESS WASTE THE BETTER!
The focus of ‘On Dusk’ , is an opportunity to showcase designers, creators and artisans from our region. The brands that have been carefully hand-picked will demonstrate the high level of business ethics. The emphasis is on producing sustainable, eco and environmentally friendly products.
We want to provide our local community and tourist a chance to;
- come together in a relaxed community environment
- experience good food
- environmental education from North East Waste
- the opportunity to view our local talented businesses
- family entertainment all combined with live music from local artists
- in our amazing locations, Ballina Amphitheatre Park & Elizabeth Anne Brown Park, Alstonville.
All stalls must fit into one of the Market categories, however we may also take other products on a case by case basis that offer a product mix that Market Managers deem to be in keeping with the style with ON DUSK Markets.
Counterfeit products will not be tolerated at any of our markets and monitoring takes place throughout the day.
All Food stallholders must have communication with Sue Anderson 14 days prior to the market.
We are committed to reducing waste going to landfill. To help achieve our goals we need all food & beverage stallholders to be aware of our requirements for this market. As a pre-requisite, market managers will contact each stallholder individually to discuss food and beverage packaging.
Packaging must be one of the following:
- Single Walled Cup – We will be promoting BYO Coffee / reusable cups
- Bio-board Tray
- Sugarcane pulp boxes / bowls
- Reusable serving ware
- Bamboo or wooden cutlery
- Paper, reusable or bamboo straws
- Provide bulk shakers and sauce dispensers
- Wooden stick stirrers
- Reusable or paper carry bags
- Water refill stations
- Plastic bags
- Plastic straws
- Plastic water bottles
- Plastic stirrers
- Individual sugar, salt, pepper and sauce sachets
- Polystyrene and plastic plates, bowls cutlery
Need help? Please feel free to contact us or visit the below links.
Green Pack – www.greenpack.com.au
Alpacka Packaging – www.alpackapackaging.com.au
We-Refill – www.we-refill.com
Missingham Bridge Amphitheatre, Ballina NSW 2478
Elizabeth Ann Brown Park, Alstonville NSW 2478 (CURRENTLY POSTONED)
TRADING DAYS & TIMES
ON DUSK will be operating from October to March.
Trading Hours: 4pm – 8:30pm
Ballina: 2nd Saturday of the month
*December – 5th, Adjustment due to Christmas
Alstonville: 4th Saturday of the month (CURRENTLY POSTONED)
- December 12th Adjustment due to Christmas
- 16th January Adjustment due to Long weekend
We do not be operate over the winter and quitter months. However, our Events side of the business does have up and coming opportunities for our community to be able to join us as we collab with other events and festivals.
No shared stalls unless requested by the applicant in writing and approved by market management in advance. Each stallholder must submit an application for their goods and will be considered in the application process.
Stalls must fall into one of the following categories:
- Art & Photography
- Artisan Food (packaged & prepared offsite)
- Mens & Womens – Fashion & Accessories
- Food & Beverage (freshly prepared onsite)
- The Throwback Rack (men’s and women’s pre-loved vintage clothing and accessories only)
- Sustainable products*
PRESENTATION OF STALLS
All stalls MUST be well presented, creative and in keeping with the style of ON DUSK. They must be neat & tidy and display signage of the designer’s logo/name where possible.
If you are unsure, think interesting display units, rugs, flowers/plants, timber crates, tablecloths etc. be creative and have fun with it! Your stall needs to draw interest from customers. This is a Twilight market please make sure you have good lighting for your stall, either battery operated of solar. Power is not supplied unless you have organised this with market management.
Offering Eftpos is advisable. With COVID19 regulations of trading you are not required to but rather advised to provide a contactless payment option.
We strongly advise you provide a mirror and change room if you are selling clothes/jewellery. ALL STALL HOLDERS USING A CHANGE ROOM AND MIRROR NEED TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH COVID19 RULES FOR NON-FOOD MARKETS.
Stall Holders may be refused a spot if their presentation is not up to the markets standard. If you are unsure if your stall meets these requirements, or need help with your presentation, please contact the market managers.
All stall holders must have a COVIDSafe plan in place for their stall space.
EQUIPMENT, STALL STRUCTURE, WEIGHTS & OHS
If you are purchasing a gazebo/marquee with recommend purchasing a white gazebo/marquee, white provides great lighting for photos of your stall and products. Our standard stall size is 3m x 3m, unless otherwise approved on application.
Tables, gazebo, racks, signage and any other form of visual merchandise must be supplied by the stallholder. Please leave any packaging, storage under tables.
We are creating a Market that is different from all those around this area so please leave tarps and camp chairs at home!
ON DUSK provide the space only – you are paying for a half stall, 3×3 space or double space, so you must bring everything for your stall, including, marquee, tables, stock, weights, signage etc. With COVID restrictions you need to register and pay for the correct size of your stall. If this is not done correctly it will affect the pre-designed layout for the market that falls under our COVID spacing plan. If you exceed your 3×3 space, you will have to pay extra fees for a larger stall on the day.
- You must trade from a 3×3 commercial grade, safe structure/gazebo such as Oz Trail.
• No make shift structures will be permitted.
• No marquees, tables or equipment hired on day.
• No pegs or weights loaned out and if none – no trade.
NO WEIGHTS – NO TRADE POLICY
Weights must be on every leg and weigh 20kg – Do not tie your marquee to trees, tables or racks. Spot checks will be regularly done and if non-compliant you will not be permitted to return.
NO WEIGHTS = NO TRADE.
ON DUSK – Stalls occupy a 3m x 3m (Standard) space (excluding food trucks and trailers). You may request to book 2 stalls next to each other should you require more space. Please note that you will be charged for 2 stalls. Food trucks need to provide us with their measurements for our market layout.
All musicians must be booked prior to event day through Upon A Moment, [email protected]
We do not accept performers/buskers who have not been pre-approved by market management. Artists on stage may collect tips, sell albums, and use small approved signage to advertise social media contacts.
Buskers are required to provide their own microphone. Buskers may collect tips, sell albums, and use approved signage to advertise social media contacts.
SET UP & PACK UP
Stallholder rubbish MUST be taken with the vendor, bins on site are for public use only, and may not be used by stallholders to dump old clothes, shoe boxes, racks, mirrors, display items etc etc etc. If stallholders do not abide by these rules, then refusal to trade at future markets will be issued and waste removal fines apply.
NO vehicles may enter the park at any time. Food & Beverage stalls are the only exception and must be confirmed upon confirmation of application.
BUMP IN / OUT TIMELINE
- All food vendors who require vehicle access to the park for set up MUST arrive no later than 230pm, and their vehicles MUST be removed from the park no later than 9:30pm with no exceptions
- All other stalls to arrive from 2pm, and NO LATER than 3:00pm
- Musician arrival times TBC with market managers prior to the market
- For all stalls (excluding Food & Beverage Vendors), there is no need to arrive any earlier than 1pm. We suggest giving yourself at least an hour to set up your stall
- Stallholders who do not arrive by 3pm may have their stall re-allocated and/or forfeit their stall space/fees with no refund.
- Stallholders will be allocated a stall number and general location by email prior to market day, along with the best entry point to unload. When you arrive on market day please go straight to your stall space and begin set up. If you have any queries, please see staff at the market tent.
- Stalls must be ready to trade at 4pm sharp
- Trade ceases at 8:30pm AND NO EARLIER. All stall spaces must be vacated and left in their original condition by 9:30pm sharp.
We work closely with the environmental and waste management team at Ballina council to assure ultimately no damage is done to the grounds that we hold our markets/events on.
We agreeing to our terms and conditions you are agreeing that your stall area is left the way it was before you set up for the market/event, if not cleaner. All areas are to be left free of debris and rubbish. Under no circumstances are public bins on-site or surrounding premises to be used for disposing of stallholder rubbish. Food and Beverage stallholders are responsible for their own waste, water and water waste. Percussions of this happening will be the cancelation of the stallholder’s application for any further market or event with ON DUSK.
Vehicle access is limited to a maximum of 10 vehicles on-site. The 10 vehicles will be selected by level of necessities to have a vehicle enter the grounds. If wet weather is predicted to cause a problem resulting in damage to the ground’s we will be relocating the food and beverage area to the car park closest to the stage.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
Please note that it is a strict requirement that ALL Stall Holders must have in place a PUBLIC LIABILITY policy with a minimum of $10million cover in the Stall Holder’s name, listing ON DUSK Events as an interested party (if requested).
A copy of the Insurance Certificate of Currency must be supplied to the Manager before a Stallholder may trade at the Market. It is the responsibility of the Stall Holder to ensure that the insurance is renewed and remains current for the term that the Stall Holder undertakes Trading Activity at the Market.
If applicants require advice, please email market management before applying.
PRODUCT LIABILITY INSURANCE – CERTAIN PRODUCTS
Please note that it is a strict requirement that a Stall Holder (who fit a category below) and food vendors must have in place a PRODUCT LIABILITY policy with a minimum of $20million cover in the Stallholder’s name if the Stallholder offers for sale any of the products listed below.
- Cosmetics & beauty products
- Medicines, Potions, Oils, Fragrances & Soaps
- Massage, manipulation of muscle, chiropractic or similar
- Hot Food
A copy of the Insurance Certificate of Currency must be supplied to the Manager before a Stallholder selling the above products may trade at the Market. It is the responsibility of the Stallholder to ensure that the insurance is renewed and remains current for the term that the Stallholder undertakes Trading Activity at the Market.
All stall fees include GST.
Stall fees DO NOT include Public Liability Insurance.
Please contact us at [email protected] for pricing.
PAYMENT OF STALL FEES
Approved stallholders are required to pay your stall fee in full, 10 days before the event, via our website. Approval will lapse if payment is not made within this period.
ON DUSK is an open-air market, as we old these markets at other locations we do not have a reserved back-up date if weather is bad. We will be running the markets with light inconsistent rain however, if the forecast for the afternoon is heavy rain or storms we will notify all stall holders 2 hours out of market arrival time.
If the market is run with light showers it is the responsibility of the stallholder to bring their own shelter for protection against sun or rain if required.
STALLHOLDER CANCELLATION POLICY
Each market has a limited stall capacity, when a booking is made this reduces the availability for other stallholders. When a stall is cancelled on short notice, it is difficult to replace the booking. As a result, ON DUSK has the following cancellation policy:
- In the case that a stallholder needs to cancel, if the stallholder notifies market management by email followed by a phone call to confirm this has be received and is under review. 7 day notice is what is required (by 9am on the Saturday prior to Market day). We allow one roll-over where stall fees may be transferred to the next consecutive market date. If the stallholder cannot attend the next consecutive market date, the credit is forfeited.
- In the case that a stallholder cancels within 6 days of a market (after 9am on the Sunday prior to Market day) they must notify market management by email and text message, if you do not receive a reply, consider your email or text has not been receive and resend. No refunds or credits are provided.
- No cash or EFT refunds are provided.
WET WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
- In the event that a market is cancelled by market management (due to external factors such as extreme unsafe weather), all confirmed stallholders will be contacted by 10am on the day of the event.
- ON DUSK management reserve the right to move all payed market stall holders to the following market date.
- No cash, EFT refunds or credits are provided.
ACCESS TO POWER
ON DUSK (Ballina ONLY) is a powdered site, however we require all stallholders to provide their own silent (low decimal) generator. Using site power will require specific location of stall, this must be approved by market managers on application. Using site power may endure additional $20 cost of hiring Lead Towers.
All electrical equipment MUST be tested and tagged prior to each market / event. We have a qualified Electrician on site, you can ask for your leads to be tested and tagged at $10 per lead.
RUBBISH & WASTE
This Market is sustainably focused, we require all stalls to be plastic free with minimal waste. All rubbish, waste and packaging MUST be taken away and offsite by stallholder. Bins provided do NOT cater for stallholder rubbish and may not be used by stallholders to dump old clothes, racks, display items etc. The stall site must be left in the condition it was found.
The Ballina amphitheatre Park is a public place for everyone to enjoy, please treat it as you would your own home, and please respect the local community.
All stallholders are welcome to park in parking area provide whilst setting up and packing down. Once unloaded we require all stallholder’s vehicle to be off premises to allow our customers to park.
Please be mindful of where you choose to park for the duration of the market. Do not park illegally, double park in traffic lanes, queue across traffic intersections, undertake illegal U turns or traffic manoeuvres, or otherwise hinder traffic in the streets surrounding the market during set up or pack up.
NO VEHICLES MAY ENTER THE PARK/VENUE AT ANY TIME UNLESS ORGANISED WITH APPROVED WITH MARKET MANAGERS.
Toilets are provided behind the amphitheatre stage at our Ballina location and at the Village Shopping Centre in Alstonville.